Sunday, January 21, 2007

Introduction

My blog title will be true to the entries; nearly every blogging spree I've gone on has been at a sad sort of hour when I've long since began longing for my pillow. Perhaps not the most grammatically correct times, but creative juices flow to make up for the rest of the brain, which shut down about an hour ago.
You see, my poor left brain is denied coffee after about five o'clock in the afternoon. Consequently, it receives a massive butt-whooping from the right portion and scurries away for the night to hide somewhere near my spleen.
Or maybe that's just a stomach-ache from the Sunday afternoon caf food.

As a result, this is also when most of my art projects are in full swing. This one drawing and comp piece kept me up 'till 4:30 A.M. last semester, but it was turned in on time. I also managed to make it through nearly a whole economy-sized bag of oyster crackers.
I get the munchies when I'm working hard, but I feel bad spending money for good snacks like chex mix when I probably need another set of pencils or fixatif or something.

So perhaps I should mention something about the class now...
I'm looking forward to dealing with math and science again, especially while tying them in with philosophy and ethics. As good as both fields have been to me, I wantonly threw them aside when I declared my majors.
Especially, especially, I'm excited for anything we will cover in calculus and physics.
On that thread, and glancing back on last class' discussion, where does black matter fit into our physical reality? Has God made something that denies our five senses and begs for a fifth that we will never have?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter

It's my favorite scientific mystery to-date.

As for any thoughtful reflections of the lesson or life or truth in general...

...

Perhaps I'll come up with something stellar and profound the next time around. It's amazing how easy it is to write much and say nothing.

1 comment:

Kaitlin Shetler said...

I like how your labels are "dark matter oyster crackers." Sounds like a good name for a band...